SO I was sitting here trying to decide what to do for the holidays…everyone is having some sort of sale or promotion to take advantage of the holiday spending sprees and make some extra money. Promo after promo idea came and went and I realized that I wanted to do something a little different: rather than asking for something from you I’d like to give something back to my amazing clients and friends.
Many of you know my husband is an EMT/paramedic and is often stuck at work past his regular shift, works holidays, misses birthdays and school plays and dinner. This Christmas will be the first one in 6 years that he will actually be home, able to watch the kids open presents from Santa and sit on the couch in pajamas instead of leaving the house in the dark and hearing about the stocking stuffers over the phone. I know many families can relate to this, whether it’s a job that takes them away at strange hours regardless of the date on the calendar or half way around the world for months on end in the case of our military heros.
In honor of those people who miss special days with their families I’d like to hold a contest of sorts: I’m inviting friends and families of newly engaged or soon-to-be engaged people to share stories and photos of the deserving couples who serve our communities as members of the military, police/fire/EMS, etc. I’ll share the stories and photos online where the public can vote for their favorite. The couple whom receives the most votes will win free wedding photography*. Weddings are so expensive – I know anyone who is planning their big day can think of a way to spend the thousands of dollars that are normally invested in photo coverage! Obviously there are some rules that have to go along with this, and they are posted below.
This contest is open immediately, and submissions are welcome from 12/1/14 through 2/1/15. Eligible entrants wil be posted for voting and the winner will be announced on Valentine’s Day, 2/14/15.
*The fine print:
- Contest is open to couples where at least one individual is a member of the US military (active or veteran), police, fire, or EMS.
- Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com by February 1, 2015, and MUST include a photo and short story introducing the couple (how they met, their proposal, anything along those lines). Email must also include the wedding date or proposed wedding date.
- An image and the story of each couple will be posted on Rebecca Deaton Photography Facebook page where “voting” will take place by individuals “liking” the photo of the couple they would like to see win. The winner will be the couple with the most “likes” on their photo. Submission of photo grants Rebecca permission to share it on social media. Story may be edited for length.
- The winner will be given a complimentary wedding photography package that includes basic coverage with two photographers for up to 5 hours on the wedding day (valued at $3000+). The couple may opt to add on to this package at the current rates.
- Subject to availability. Entries will be pre-screened for wedding dates that fall on unavailable days. These candidates will be ineligible. If a wedding date has not yet been set the couple must agree to use the package on an available date.
- Subject to location. Complimentary wedding applies to weddings being held within 30 miles of Kingston, MA. If the couple has chosen/chooses a venue outside of this area they may still apply but could be subject to standard travel fees.
- Wedding must take place between 4/1/15 and 12/31/16.
- Winners will be required to sign standard wedding contract noting the package contents and covered fees if they decide to utilize the prize package.
- Prize is non refundable nor redeemable for cash. No substitutions and non-transferrable.
- A minimum of 5 couples must be submitted for contest to be run. Contest is open to all couples legally able to marry in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts regardless of race or orientation.
- Participants release Facebook from any liability and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook.